Monday, January 18, 2010

the New Coat


I have returned from the week long felting class at the John Campbell School with a beautiful Nuno felted Coat. The instructor talked me through the entire process and I still don't think I could repeat it , so this is my mission for the next 3 weeks - see if I can recreate a seamless garment that actually fits me.
The experience was wonderful but very challenging. Only one other woman out of 8 of us rose to the challenge to making a coat. I worked from 9 am to 11 pm every day for 5 days to get this garment made.
I begin tomorrow in my quest . I believe Iiwill start with a vest and see that how goes before I attempt the coat. I will let you know if I pull it off.

1 comment:

  1. This is quite the most beautiful coat I have ever seen- ALas the photo doesn't do it justice - Light and Shadow photogrpaher to the rescue please!
    Congratulations

    ReplyDelete